Resources for adding music artists to a WordPress site.
I need to add Artist, Album Title, Release Year, Record Label, Music Genre, and I need some help on how to create a Custom Post Type and Custom Fields:
- Custom Post Types UI and Advanced Custom Fields – Part 1 (video from WP Basis)
- Custom Post Types UI and Advanced Custom Fields – Part 2 (video from WP Basics)
- Custom Post Type UI (plugin, free version. As the author states, “the plugin simply creates the Custom Post Types, you will need to add them to the theme yourself”).
- Advanced Custom Fields (plugin, free version)
- A Quick Guide to Creating Custom Taxonomies in WordPress – MPMUDev. Since I want custom Music Genre categories, this helped me understand the difference between Categories (“Add new category”) and Tags (“Choose from the most used tags”).
- Creating Custom Post Types In WordPress (helpful for displaying the Custom Post Type data on the front-end, by creating a Custom Post Type Template)
Note: the video tutorials are specific to a Genesis theme, with Genesis Actions.