Reset HP Envy 6000 Printer WiFi
Reset happens by:
- Press the tiny round WiFi button on the backside of the HP Envy 6000 (mine is specifically an HP Envy 6055) printer. The button is a little round button that’s recessed into the plastic, just below the printer’s power button
- Add a new printer via the HP Smart app on MacBook
The process forces the HP Smart app to search for the HP Envy 6055 printer and connect to your WiFi.
Very helpful directions from HP’s customer support knowledge base: Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer (see section titled: HP ENVY 6000, 6000e, 6400e, ENVY Pro 6400 printers)
- On the back of the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds.
- Wait for the Status light to turn purple.
- Within two hours, return to the app or software to find and add your printer and complete the setup.
In the HP Smart app on MacBook, go to the Printers menu at the top of the app and choose Add / Setup a Printer.
Another helpful HP resource: HP printers – Wi-Fi connection is lost after router or network settings change