Designing Western-themed versions of Every Floor Is A Dance Floor t-shirt graphics lead me to learn about the design profile of Cowboy boots, the different parts of a cowboy boot, and the design differences between men’s cowboy boots and women’s cowgirl boots. As I started to vector outline various brand’s cowboy boots, the main difference between men’s and women’s profiles is: sole scoop, toe box, and heel angle.
Cowboy boot styles include slightly different shapes and uses:
- Classic Western Boots
- Stockman Cowboy Boots
- Western Work Cowboy Boots
- Buckaroo Cowboy Boots
- Everything You Need To Know About Cowboy Boots – Cowboy Boots Hub
- From Heel to Toe: The Anatomy of a Cowboy Boot – Alvies
- A Man’s Guide to Western Boots: A Cowboy Boot Primer – Art of Manliness
- Cowboy Boots for the Uninitiated – Girl from Texas
Specifically for women’s Cowgirl boots, I discovered what accessories and flourishes are called, like tassels and fringe. This lead to Conchos. These are the round metal accessories that attach tassels to the boot.