Create a Joomla Hidden Menu Item
Specific goal: Integrate JomSocial into PayPlans membership signup process. MUST have functioning JomSocial Menu Item (so PayPlans member registration works), BUT we don’t want this Menu Item displayed in the Menu.
Solution: Hidden Menu, with a Menu Item inside.
1. Create a Hidden Menu:
- Add New Menu (NOT New Menu Item) > Name it and give it an Alias.
- Do NOT “Add a module for this menu type.” (By NOT attaching a Module, this new Menu is automatically hidden).
- (Then add the below Single Menu Item INSIDE this hidden menu.)
2. Create a Menu Item and put it INSIDE the Hidden Menu:
- Add New Menu Item > Menu Item Type: Select > Under Community select “Home” (This is the HOME for JomSocial. This is how PayPlans integrates member registration) > Choose Menu Location > Click Save. Then choose Parent Item. Click Save again.